Wednesday, August 22, 2012

10 minutes with KOFFI by Edward Fortune.






This public holiday is definitely one of those holidays that would forever remain in my history books. Not because I was home relaxing or “flexing”, but simply because I was invited to come have launch with one of Nigeria’s finest and modest entertainer in the industry. His unique style of entertaining has put him in the top list of entertainers in Nigeria and without mincing words, he’s carved a niche for himself and a very strong force to reckon with. He gave us “Koffi Komedy Konvention in year 2004, Bursting loose in 2007,2008,2009 and 2010. He dint relax as he went ahead to stage Koffi Comedy Nite Live in October, November and December 2011. He’s also the brain behind other successful shows like: Koffi Comedy Combo,Koffi Valentine Live in Ibadan and Koffi Comedy blast. His success in the entertainment industry isn’t limited to just comedy alone as he also a member of a music group “WORKERMAN CLAN”. I was with him for just 10minutes because he had other things to do and for just 10minutes with Koffi Idowu Neul a.k.a. SPLUFIK, I was taken into another realm of revelation filled with intellectual content.

Enjoy:


D BRAND KOFFI, HAS LOTS OF EXTENSION,HOW HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO BUILD SUCH A CONSISTENT BRAND?

It’s been by god's grace, more so writing has been of tremendous help as it helps me put my thoughts in this different areas of specialty. Comedy comes quite naturally but I get to work a lot more on making sure the music comes out refined and purposeful. Acting is a means that helps push the brand as well but is just about to be fully explored. thus far I have written, produced and directed 2 movies. 2 blackbirds in 2006. Mumu movie in 2009(s00n to be released) and a few more to be shot between now and end of 2013.till date I have 6 albums 1.(comfussion/2004). 2.(abinibility/2006). 3.(Tradofunkhipsoul/2008). 4.(all eyes open(Workerman movement)/2010) and presently 5.(Root&Roll books 1+2/2012) 6.(gospel truth/2012)& 7.(motor Muzik/2012)( both soon to be released)
D WORKERMAN MOVEMENT, WHAT EXACTLY ARE U GUYS ALL ABOUT?

The WORKERMAN CLAN is all about an ensemble of me and my music family doing groovy but responsible tunes, to diffuse the thought that it is not possible for young people to do good music. Members of the CLAN includes: Boomerang, Outshine, Affroholik and Yeankeyz. The group has 2 albums, “All eyes open” that included the hit song "splufik" and the soon to drop 'famous five' lp. Members are also on their solo projects presently with boomerang just dropping her new single 'gentle lady'

3. 
HOW HAS BEING KOFFI CHANGED UR LIFE?

my life is more or less the same, still simple just a bit more hectic work wise but pretty much controlled. I still maintain my family and friends as at when I wasn't this popular.lol

4. 
WHAT DOS *SPLUFIK* MEAN?

“SPLUFIK” is a slanguage to describe anything in finesse or to show endearment Or appreciation. It means S.plendid./u.nique/f.antast.ik

5. What would you want to be remembered for?

I want to be remembered as that entertainer who stood for good moral values despite the odds. The entertainer that was able to Impact society with knowledge whilst entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment