Monday, August 27, 2012

LANCE ARMSTRONG BANNED, STRIPPED OF SEVEN TITLES




Former US professional road racing cyclist Lance Armstrong has been stripped of his record seven Tour de France titles. He also received a ban from the Olympicsports after conceding to a doping conspiracy during his career.
Armstrong announced on Thursday night that he would disregard a midnight deadline the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency had given him to challenge the results of USADA’s two-year investigation of his legendary cycling teams, New York Daily News reports.
There comes a point in every man’s life when he has to say, ‘Enough is enough.’ For me, that time is now,” Armstrong said in a statement claiming he was the victim of a witch hunt. “The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for our foundation and on me leads me to where I am today — finished with this nonsense’, embattled Armstrong said.
Armstrong will now be disqualified from every competition he participated in since August 1, 1998, including all Tour de France races where he attained famed and high status and also the 2000 Summer Olympics, where he won a bronze medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment