Sunday, February 19, 2012

WHY BOBBY BROWN LEFT WHITNEY HOUSTON’S FUNERAL


Bobby Brown left 15 minutes into the service
Just 15 minutes into Whitney Houston’s funeral service held at the New Hope Baptist Church, Newark, on February 18, 2012, the late singer’s ex husband Bobby Brown was seen fuming, exiting the church premises.
Apparently the 43-year-old singer had gotten into a little seating dispute after he and his family were asked by security to move more than thrice in the church. Brown had brought nine people to the funeral service. His invite only allowed him to bring three people into the church. Reports also say Brown tried sitting next to his daughterBobbi Kristina but Whitney’s family was having none of that.
He (Bobby) released a statement shortly afterwards;
My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston. We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions. I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move. Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi-Kristina. In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene. My children are completely distraught over the events. This was a day to honour Whitney. I doubt Whitney would have wanted this to occur. I will continue to pay my respects to my ex-wife the best way I know how’, Brown’s statement read.
It was however reported that Bobby Brown was not asked to leave the church but left on his own accord.
He showed nothing but love and respect for Whitney. I wish people would leave Bobby alone‘, Rev. Al Sharpton spoke of the incident.
The service continued with the likes of Alicia Keys, Stevie Wonder giving performance tributes. Others who spoke at the funeral service include Kevin Costnar, Tyler Perry and R Kelly. Rev. Jesse Jackson, Mary J Blige were also in attendance.
Bobby leaves the New Hope Baptist Church

No comments:

Post a Comment