Tuesday, May 22, 2012

JACKIE CHAN RETIRES


Jacki Chan at the 65th Annual Cannes Film Festival on May 19, 2012


After featuring in a total number of 100 films, martial art hero and comic stuntman, Jackie Chan has finally announced his retirement from action film. He made this known at the launch of his new and last action film production, ‘Chinese Zodiac‘ held at the Cannes Film Festival on May 18, 2012.
Jackie 58, agreed he is ‘too old’ for stunts and he is becoming scared of the increasing violence in the wider world and that physical strain had become too much.
The world is too violent right now. It’s a dilemma. I love fighting. I like action but I don’t like violence‘.
Jackie chan who was born in Hong Kong, began his career with late Bruce Lee in the films ‘Fist of Fury‘ and ‘Enter the Dragon‘ in the early-1970s. He got a spot in as a famous and relevant film maker in 1978 with his film ‘Snake in the Eagle Shadow‘.
Jackie said he is not comfortable with the stock character people take him for and he is ready to show the world that he can also take on serious roles and emulate the success of Robert De Niro.
I don’t just want to be an action star, I want to be a true actor. I want to get rid of my image. I want the audience to know also I’m not only a comedian. I can act. Day by day, year by year, I’m going to show you the real Jackie Chan‘.

No comments:

Post a Comment